Pontypool, United Kingdom
A leading Manufacturing Company in Pontypool are looking to recruit a CNC Machinist
- You’ll work as part of a team to achieve departmental KPI’s with respect to Right First Time, On Time in Full, Productivity etc, operating manual vertical turning lathes, CNC vertical and horizontal turning lathes, as well as Mazak 5 axis Mill turning machines to process product in line with the method of manufacture.
- Your role will involve reading and interpreting engineering drawings to ensure a conforming product is produced to the customer specification, as well as recording key data and information in accordance with our systems and/or processes, including logging production throughput data, raising non-conformance notes, creating and storing data records, and writing dimensional reports.
- You’ll also be actively involved in any process improvement or quality investigation about machine practices or non-conforming product including working with other functions including but not limited to Engineering and Maintenance to help identify machining issues, develop solutions and implement improvements.
- You’ll also be required to read and understand the appropriate Risk Assessments and Work Instructions including assisting in their preparation as necessary
- We are looking for someone who has experience of Manual and CNC machining, and machining special alloy materials is essential
- You’ll need to have the ability to read and interpret 2D engineering drawings
- Ideally, we are looking for a time served apprentice and some programming experience is desirable but not essential
- We’re looking for someone with high self-motivation and with a determination to succeed
A competitive salary
Pension and Paid Holidays
If you're interested in this position, we suggest you apply immediately as the company will be shortlisting for interview quickly. If you'd like further information give us a call.
This position may also be of interest to CNC Setter/Operator or a Mechanical Engineer
Commutable from Newport, Cwmbran and Aberdare
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance. Good luck with your application and we’ll look forward to receiving your CV.
We offer a £200 referral if you introduce someone we place - see our website for details www.burnsrecruitment.co.uk