Swansea, United Kingdom
Mechanical Design Engineer
This is a perfect time to join a fast-growing manufacturing site. This role is a new vacancy due to new production lines being installed.
- Developing a thorough technical understanding of products, the jobholder’s responsibilities will include:
- Managing all aspects of the industrialisation process:
- Development of production line equipment and automated test jigs (special purpose machinery) including:
- Conceptual and detailed design of jigs and test equipment (using Solidworks)
- Producing equipment / jig design specifications
- Managing equipment / jig development and production with external suppliers
- Defining equipment validation plans, and assisting with equipment validation e.g. (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Investigate feasibility of new production processes e.g. automated soldering, laser etching etc.
- ‘Design Transfer’ of medical NPD projects to production – managing activities and producing documentation e.g. DFM, PFMEA etc.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for improving existing production processes.
- Feedback to Development on product issues and improvement ideas
- Development of production equipment / test jigs for high volume manufacture
- Industrialisation and production process improvement for mechatronic products in a high-volume production environment
- Knowledge of 3D CAD
- Solidworks experience
- A competitive salary
- The support of a strong team who work closely together
- Pension, free parking and paid holidays
- Opportunities for progression
If you're interested in this position, we suggest you apply immediately as the company will be shortlisting for interview quickly. If you'd like further information give us a call.
This position may also be of interest to a Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Tooling Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Automation Engineer, CAD Engineer
Commutable from Cardiff, Bridgend, Swansea, Carmarthen, Merthyr Tydfil
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance. Good luck with your application and we’ll look forward to receiving your CV.
We offer a £200 referral if you introduce someone we place - see our website for details www.burnsrecruitment.co.uk