West Midlands, United Kingdom
Project Manager – Automotive
We’re working with a company who have grown year on year and continue to grow at a fast pace. They’ve had an opportunity come up for a Project manager to oversee new product development
- Responsible for introduction of new products into the business.
- The key fact-holder internally and a point of contact for customer.
- Involvement from enquiry stage through to start of production.
- Co-ordination of team including sales, purchasing, production, engineering, quality for a project.
- Responsible for introduction of new products from design freeze/initial customer order to production using…
- Feasibility Study – Within cross-functional team define customer requirements and special characteristics for new products and identify capacity, capital expenditure and material requirements needed to manufacture product.
- Master Schedules – construction and monitoring of timing plans from project team departments including timing of critical customer milestones
- Internal Progress Meetings and Phase Reviews – clarify with project team members the current progress of the project, actions required to ensure customer milestones will be fulfilled, define lessons learned in previous project phase.
- Cost Tracking – Monitor costs associated with project including testing, tooling orders/modifications, business travel etc. to ensure budget is in control.
- Management of project within company APQP procedure
- Report to management the project status via timing plans, reports, and project cost control.
- Ensure that process flow layouts, work stations, and work instructions (with Process Eng) are completed
- Specify new tooling and equipment for new products (with Process Eng), liaise with tooling/machine suppliers to ensure delivery of tooling/machinery in time and in line with specification
· Experience in a similar level of role
· HND in Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineering
· New product introduction in the automotive industry
· Working knowledge of JLR introduction procedures
· DFEMA, PFMEA, APQP, 8D and PPAP knowledge and experience
- A competitive salary
- The support of a strong team who work closely together
- Pension, free parking and paid holidays
- Opportunities for progression
If you're interested in this position, we suggest you apply immediately as the company will be shortlisting for interview quickly. If you'd like further information give us a call.
This position may also be of interest to a Project Manager, Senior NPI Engineer, Senior Project Engineer, NPI Project Manager
Commutable from Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Solihull, Walsall, Stafford
Due to the high volume of enquiries that we receive, we are not always able to respond to all CVs. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful in this instance. Good luck with your application and we’ll look forward to receiving your CV.
We offer a £200 referral if you introduce someone we place - see our website for details www.burnsrecruitment.co.uk